Thursday, June 26, 2008

First of monsoon storms for Tucson

Photo courtesy of NOAA


Tucson saw it's first monsoon storm last night. I always get excited when I know a storm is coming; I keep a constant watch on the local radar, just waiting for the rain to begin. How pathetic am I?!

Though my part of town (Oro Valley) didn't see much rain, the lightening was incredible; more then 2,000 strikes were recorded. I really wish I had a better camera so I could capture Mother Nature in action. Tucson is known for some fantastic lightening displays, but the increased number of ground strikes combined with a lack of rain (dry lightening) is already contributing to wildfires in surrounding areas.

I found a great link to a YouTube video of Tucson lightening displays. Something to check out!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tucson saw it's first monsoon storm last night.


___________________
Julie
Free HD DVR Receiver Upgrade