Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Is it Worth the Wait?

Tucson's first In and Out Burger opened yesterday at 9am, 1 1/2 hours before its scheduled opening time. As I predicted, the lines were out the door as people waited for a little taste of heaven. At 12:30pm I counted 83 cars in the drive thru line, with the last being a police car. I wonder if the officer was on the clock as he waited to order his Double Double. I admired all of those dedicated souls that stood in the long line, just to satisfy that persistent craving that cannot be satisfied by your normal burger joint. As seating inside was limited, many could be found enjoying their meals on the roofs of their cars in the parking lot. Still, I know that there are many individuals that don't believe the hype about In and Out, so I have provided a photo of the franchise's loyal fans for those non believers. Once the commotion has subsided (and the temperatures have cooled a bit) I too will be standing in that long line as I salivate. To answer the question "Is it worth the wait" I answer "You betcha!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tucson's first In and Out Burger opened yesterday at 9am, 1 1/2 hours before its scheduled opening time.

___________________
Julie
Entertainment at one stop