Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tucson holiday count down continued

Still getting over a cold so I'm going to keep my blog lite and just catch up on some of my missed "25 Days of the Tucson Holiday Season" ....

Sunday was a great day to put on your best Santa hat and run a marathon! On the first Sunday of December you'll see runners galore sporting red hats trimmed with white fur, racing in the Tucson marathon and half marathon. Las Vegas features a 5K Santa Run in which runners are usually decked out in full Santa gear for the race. It's quite a sight!



Monday Dec 3rd I made a point of watching one of my favorite Christmas cartoons "The Year Without a Santa Clause". This has absolutely nothing to do with Tucson, but who doesn't love to sing along with the Heat and Snow misers?




December 4th was the perfect time to decide which Tucson charities you'd like to donate to! The Tucson Community Food Bank is always in need of donations, and who can't afford to donate a few canned goods to those in need? And though it may be hard to believe, Tucson nights can get pretty cold during the winter months. That's why the Salvation Army organizes Operation Deep Freeze, a program for collecting coats and blankets for the homeless. If you're more interested in contributing your time instead of money, visit the Tucson Salvation Army to learn about local volunteer opportunities for helping out during the Tucson holiday season.


Today I decided that picking up a yummy egg nog latte from Starbucks was just the way to get into the holiday spirit. I love this time of year because Starbucks offers all the great seasonal syrups for their coffee treats; eggnog, ginger bread or peppermint. During December I go out of my way to pick up a Starbucks at least every other day just so I can enjoy all my favorite drinks; I avoid the guilt by running a few extra miles each week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tucson holiday count down continued


___________________
Julie
Free HD DVR Receiver Upgrade