Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ewwwww a snake!


Clients always ask me if I've ever had a problem with snakes while living in Tucson. My reply has always been no because I could honestly say the only place I've seen a snake is the zoo or Desert Museum. That was until today!


I saw this little beauty by the side of the road as I headed off on my morning run. It wasn't alive, but was still a bit intimidating! According to my National Audobon Society Nature Guide this snake is a Coachwhip, which can actually be found in several different colors depending what region it's in. A pure black coachwhip is not that common. It's not a venomous snake and it has an average length of about 5 feet. This particular snake was a long one at about five feet. I'm guessing on that; even though it wasn't alive I didn't want to get too close!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing,,,,,,,,,,,,


___________________
Julie
Free HD DVR Receiver Upgrade