Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tucson's newest residents


About this time every year Tucsonans begin to see signs of our city's newest residents. The warm Spring temperatures bring lots of new life, including baby birds, coyotes, rabbits and more.

Just yesterday I saw a baby bobcat running across a street, fleeing his den as the road construction crew demolished his home to widen a roadway. He was headed to the local golf course so it wasn't all bad. I did get a picture of these quail eggs that I found in one of our potted plants. The mommy quails like to lay eggs in the elevated pots because they're high off the ground, making it difficult for snakes or rodents to get to her little gems. I'll be keeping an eye on these eggs and hope to get more pictures once the babies have hatched.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Teclado e Mouse, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mouse-e-teclado.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

The warm Spring temperatures bring lots of new life, including baby birds, coyotes, rabbits and more. .

___________________
Julie
Free HD DVR Receiver Upgrade