Thursday, November 29, 2007

Are you ready to run?


It's almost here!

Only three days to the Tucson marathon and half marathon! I'm full of that anxious anticipation and dread that always rises a few days before the race. I haven't gotten a "cool" hat to wear, so I guess I'll go with the black nylon running hat I always wear. I haven't decided if I want to get the fuel belt; I've survived without it before but I usually spill water down the front of my shirt because I insist on running with the paper cup while I drink. I need to go by the running shop and pick up a few energy gel packs for the race, and I need to check out the old Ipod to make sure it's juiced up with the appropriate motivational tunes. Van Halen, Boston and The Killers seem to keep me moving. Last but not least, the next two days will be a "carb fest"; lots of pasta, bananas and water to prep my body for the race.

The thing I dread the most about this race is waiting in the port-o-potty lines prior to the start. Several thousand runners full of Gatorade and coffee, jumping up and down frantically to keep warm. Just can't wait.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only three days to the Tucson marathon and half marathon!


___________________
Julie
Free HD DVR Receiver Upgrade