Thursday, November 8, 2007

An uphill battle


I was driving to a client's closing this morning and as I was thumbing through the Tucson radio stations I came across the KFMA morning show, also called the "The Frank Show". I came in at the end of a discussion so I'm not sure what led up to the comments I heard , but I guess it really doesn't matter. All I did catch was one of the DJ's condemning real estate professionals. His remarks included "in it for the money", "Shysters", "never trust a Realtor" and "snake oil salesman". As I said I came in at the end of the discussion, so I don't know if it was a joke, but he sounded very serious. Maybe he's had a bad experience, but it still peeved me (I'm using "nice" words) to hear him say these things on the radio. Real estate professionals have a hard enough time trying to maintain a positive reputation. Right off the bat we face an uphill battle; still today we're ranked right up there with used car salesmen in regards to honesty and integrity.


I'm not going to let those comments ruin my day; all I can do is laugh it off. As in any industry a few bad apples (agents) spoil the bunch. I can only do the best job I can personally and not worry about anyone else. Just don't ask me my opinion about radio DJ's....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing....

___________________
Julie
Entertainment at one stop