Thursday, February 7, 2008

Check out the SAHBA 2008 Parade of Homes


I think everyone would agree it's just plain fun to look at other people's homes, but it's even more fun when the homes you're looking at are million dollar homes with all the latest and greatest gadgets and gizmos. That's why my friend and I decided to check out the 2008 SAHBA Parade of Homes in Marana yesterday. The Parade of Homes is basically seven custom homes built by several of Tucson's finest builders, each displaying some of the latest concepts in home design, construction and energy savings.



The high end homes included in the Parade of Homes are all for sale and range in price from 1.5 to 2.1 million. There are several different home designs including Tuscan and Southwest Contemporary, and all are distinctly interesting and unique in their own way. I think visitors enjoy seeing these exclusive homes (that most could never afford) and taking some of the ideas to use in their own homes. It's hard not to look at all the professional decorating and landscape and not want it in your own home. There were some "interesting" design concepts that were a little odd to me, but it's all personal taste. One thing I was really confused about was the number of televisions in each home; I swear each property had at least five flat screens mounted on one wall or another. Who needs that many TV's, especially in the bathroom? I know it's just part of the show, but can we say overkill?


My personal taste drew me to the Tuscan style home built by Bauer Homes and the Old European design by JD Raney Construction (pictures of the Bauer home are above). Still there were a lot of neat features in most of the homes. I have to say if I had 1.5 million burning a hole in my pocket I don't think I would buy any of these homes, but I might build one using some of the ideas I saw. Another concept that I noticed in three of the home models was this "coffee station", which is actually located right off the master bedroom as you head into the master bath (picture below). This is one idea I would skip; it makes me feel like I'm staying in a hotel.



If you have the opportunity I would highly recommend visiting the 2008 SAHBA Parade of Homes before it ends on February 17. To see the Parade of Homes you head out to Dove Mountain and follow the signs to the designated parking area where you'll be shuttled to the home site area. Visitors pay admission here; the cost is $12 for adults, $10 for Seniors and kids under five are free

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Parade of Homes is basically seven custom homes built by several of Tucson's finest builders, each displaying some of the latest concepts in home design, construction and energy savings.



___________________
Julie
Free HD DVR Receiver Upgrade