Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Another Point About Tucson Traffic

After driving through Tucson this morning I realized I forgot to mention one issue I DO have with traffic in Tucson; drivers not obeying the speed limit. I'll admit that I drive a little fast myself (I stay within the safe 10 mph over the posted limit), but my issue is with those drivers that excessively fast. Just today I was passed by someone going 75 on Interstate 10 when the construction limit is 55mph. And on Houghton Rd, which is only two lanes off I-10, a driver was weaving in and out of busy traffic, passing whoever was in front if him. Tucson has a reputation for having a lot of speeders on the roads. All I ask is that drivers try to remain safe and remember that the reduced speed limits are there for a reason, to save lives.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

How did you ever get up to speed with the construction on I-10? Or did the work finally get done after all of these years?

Valorie Bradley said...

Hi Jonathan,

I guess I'm a little confused about your question but I'll answer as best I can. The widening project for I-10 started about a year ago and will be complete in 2010. So far the transition with only two lanes of traffic in either direction has been pretty painless. You can probably find answers to any of your question at

http://i10tucsondistrict.com/Prince_29/project_history.html

Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Another Point About Tucson Traffic

___________________
Julie
Entertainment at one stop