Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Rain Gutters in Arizona?


So many of my past clients have laughed when I've mentioned that some homeowners in Tucson really do install rain gutters on their homes, I just felt the need to mention here! Although Tucson averages about 325 days of sunshine a year, as you'll read in my past weather blogs we do get some heavy rains in the Old Pueblo.

Heavy rains in Tucson and other desert areas can easily cause flash flooding as the density of the ground prevents rain from being absorbed (as you'll see happening in my front courtyard area!) We're near the end of the desert's summer monsoon season, but we're awaiting the remnants of Hurricane Henriette, which should bring storms to Southern Arizona over the next few days. Another reason I'm glad we just had rain gutters installed. I actually hear rain on the roof right now. Better go check out the new gutters to see how they're working!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heavy rains in Tucson and other desert areas can easily cause flash flooding
___________________
Julie
Entertainment at one stop